Monday, January 2, 2012

Engagements

Since becoming "knocked-up", B and I have talked about getting hitched.  Mainly out of ease for documents, last names and when it comes time for Bean to go to school.  In other words, not the whole fairytale type of wedding hoopla that is associated with getting hitched.  Being married is not a necessity for either of us, making the rush to tie the knot more of "stop, do not pass go, do not collect $200".

So far 2012 has been the year for engagements.  Since Christmas at least five of our friends have gotten engaged, not including B's nephew.  B and I got word that ANOTHER person got engaged last night.  This morning, I turn on my computer and now LEBRON JAMES is engaged.  What the F??????

The part that gets me is that B must rub it in my face, or share the news in an over excited fashion.  I had had enough and made some flippant remark about "good for them" or something.  B proceeded with, " if it makes you feel better, go down and have my old ring melted into something you want".  Granted I see the problem solving aspect of being the man and trying to fix the problem, however the fact that this old ring was given to him by his ex wife defeats the purpose.

While we still agree that being happy with our relationship is most important, a girl can dream right? So incase B ever decides to read my blog, I have included a picture of my dream ring.

1 comment:

  1. I would entirely lose my shizzle if The Man suggested melting his old wedding ring down into something for me! And I expect he'd feel the same if I tried to do it with mine!

    We're still trying to get divorced, so while marriage ain't off the cards entirely, it's not going to happen any time soon!

    ReplyDelete