Monday, January 30, 2012

Overwhelmed

So this week I have been having major anxiety about how unprepared we are for Bean's arrival.  The fact that I have a little over 18 weeks until he will be here is just insane.  Because I am a planner and have to be ready for everything it literally takes my breath away that baby showers happen at the end of pregnancy.  It torture, I can't take the unfinished business.  I admit part of it is my fault, I did start registering at 8 weeks pregnant ( I couldn't help it). We have the crib, still in the box though.  Granted Bean still won't be here for a while and won't be sleeping in the crib for even longer but I need it finished.  What if he wanted to sleep there? What if i just wanted to look at his room in a finished state and not just a hap hazard construction zone???

The shower is not even my responsibility, yet I can't not have any control.  I'm too type A to enjoy someone else's effort (sorry in advance).  The shower requires a theme, usually the theme matches the nursery.  Well I had to go and be all unique and different, making it impossible to find shower decorations and such for a hunting/fishing/ duck call baby shower.  I spent hours searching for ideas and favors, games and decorations with no avail.  Having nothing ready for this like being stranded on a boat with no ore's.

We have an appointment to see Bean tonight.  We get to have another ultrasound to see growth.  My favorite part of the appointments are always when B lights up seeing Bean.  I love how involved B gets in making sure he is at every appointment.  I will post pictures tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Try etsy, and in general don't look for baby shower stuff, look for male birthday or father's day stuff. Then don't pick things with words on them etc.

    And don't stress the small stuff, biggest downside to being a Type A. It will all be pefect because it's about your son and he will be perfect too.

    ReplyDelete