Monday, January 16, 2012

A Weekend Getaway

Over the weekend we went to Ocala, aka nothingsville.  There mall consisted of Macy's, Sears and maybe five other stores.  The internet was scoured for a spa, or anything relaxing with no avail. The best part was coming back to the room after walking all day to a room full of boisterous men. 

While at kick-off I was asked tons of questions regarding my pregnancy:

1. Are you sure your pregnant?
A- yes, I'm positive

2. You must of already had the baby, Congrats.
A- No, actually I will be pregnant for five more months. 

3. Where is your bump?
A- I dress appropriately, I outgrew my old clothes months ago. 

4. Are you excited? This was asked in excess of 20 times
A- Many times I wanted to respond with something snarky but a simple yes was easier

5. Do you know what your having?
A- Last time we looked it was a baby, no tail so it must not be a monkey. 

6. Having a baby is going to change your life forever
A- No shit, thanks for the tip :) 

The only positive thing was no one tried to touch my belly.  The ridiculous questions and comments are difficult enough.  

Side note, using the phrase "lady with a baby" to get your way does not work.  I did not get to cut the line at the restroom, I did not get to cut the buffet line, and my non alcoholic drinks cost the same as a regular drink.  

Side note two, I enrolled myself into water pilates, water yoga and some other aerobics class.  These cheese thighs and fat arms have to go.  I even scored a maternity suit at old navy for 12 bucks. I'm pretty excited to get my rear off the couch and start exercising again. 

Following in my mom's tradition this kid already has more ornaments than our tree had this year.  Things remembered had an awesome sale resulting in baby's first everything ornaments.  I even got one for B and I.  The poor engraver lady asked if I was ready to have Bean's engraved.  I replied with I'm not sure when he will make his entrance, I will come back once he is born.  I am an over achiever by nature, I can't help it.  

Side note three, during the awards banquet every time the hubby's got awards the wives got flowers.  B and another guy at the table got over a dozen awards combined, resulting in a dozen flowers.  Leave it to B to suggest that him and Mikey keep the flowers until valentines day so they can be re-gifted.  The sad part is B ment it, they are in the office waiting t be re-gifted as I type.  

All in all be had a great time with friends.  Lots of laughter, which feels so good since I hardly ever get out.   I also learned this weekend that I am no where near high maintenance, I do not require some of the upkeep that other wives do. 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a great time! Here's to not being high maintenence!
    Good luck with the yoga and pilates classes. I love my yoga class!

    TAG! You're it! You have been tagged! For more info check out http://miparama.blogspot.com/2012/01/tag-youre-it.html

    ReplyDelete