Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Love Story Part 2

For all of you that waited patiently for part two, here ya go.  At least the ending isn't a cliff hanger!

So anyways that monday morning I remember the clothes I wore, the coffee I was drinking and the exact place I sent that text message.  With sweaty palms and my heart racing I sent a lame-o text saying who I was and asking if he even remembered who I was.  Granted I still had no idea if I even had the right number or the right person but I gave it a shot.  Beep Beep- a response,  he did remember and was shocked to hear from me.  He still has all the original messages and what not, he's a sap at heart too! So after he text back I was really shaking in my boots.  Holy shit is all I kept thinking, this is so crazy.  He called a few minutes later and I didn't answer, I instantly reverted back to my giddy awkward 13 year old self.  I grew a sack and called him back. That first call was over an hour with a promise to keep in touch. That was the beginning of phone mania.  I lived in AZ, B in FL we weren't even in the same time zone.  How in the heck were we supposed to be friends let alone more? Like I said in part one, when its time its time!

That monday we called and texted all day.  After work we talked until 2am my time, meaning it was 5am for B and he had to work in less than an hour.  Those few hours on the phone made all the space and years melt away.   We had both been through so much in a short time making an even playing field. Even though I was considerably younger age was never an issue.  B never made me feel like a child or less than him because I was in my 20's.  That phone call left me feeling like a hot gooey apple pie.  I felt alive and comfortable.  I felt reverted back to my old self, the good me before I went and wrote my life off.

I knew from the second he called that the feelings weren't one sided.  To hear we both searched and longed for that "what if" was breath taking.  That first week was intense. Neither of us got more than an hours sleep at night, we didn't eat we just couldn't get enough of each other.  Obviously we were still 2700 miles apart and the distance was unbearable not being able to put all of these feelings to a face.

On wednesday of that week, B booked me a plane ticket to come and visit.  I took a leap of faith and agreed to come.  For the next two weeks we racked up over 24 hours of logged phone time, we had sent thousands of text messages, facebook posts and IM's.

In two weeks we both went from single and unattached to completely intertwined in a relationship based on hours of talking.  It was so crazy, so out of a book and not reality yet it felt so right.  Every morning we sent each other a sappy country song to start our day. Every monday from that first text we celebrated a weekly anniversary.

B was so different than any other guy I had liked. He talked, like actually communicated, he was honest and sincere.  He always put me first from the beginning.  He found "our house" before I had even seen him face to face. I asked for a big tub and land.  He made sure I had both, we signed the lease march first. A mere nine days after we first started talking. Those days passed so slowly until the day B dropped the L word.

He said it first, out of the blue and caught me completely off guard.  My first thought was shit he loves me and I haven't even seen him in 5 years.  This is crazy too insane to be real life.  Again my awesome adultness came up and I hung up without saying anything back.  Super slick I know! I called back and asked him if I heard right and at first he tried to act all tough.  His tough act failed miserably and from then on he started saying that L word every chance he could.  Keep in mind we still had NOT seen each other.

I was just as committed to this insanity as B so I started job hunting.  The company I worked for in AZ was also in Fl so I put in a transfer and scheduled and interview for the same weekend I was going to be in Fl.  It must have been right because in this shitty economy I got hired without an interview, got asked to start asap and when was the soonest I could come in.  I have to admit I was a little nervous to tell B that I was moving myself in and had already gotten a job.  Unknown to me at the time B already thought I was moving and our house was a mile from my new job ( what a co-winkie dink huh)!  From the beginning everything was always ours and about the two of us together not his and mine.

Our love was everything that that corinthians verse says.  Our love was not boastful or hurtful it did not envy it was patient and kind.  To love someone for the real them and not what they could be is pure and beautiful. There was no competition or out doing just to get him to like me.  Even though we had years we were apart we still had the same morals, values and expectations for a relationship.  That relaxed feeling of not having to put on a show or do everything the other person wants was so refreshing.

Part three will come tomorrow :)

1 comment: