Friday, March 30, 2012

Mrs. Frizzle

So I will give updates on Bean and I first and then go into the thrill of meeting Mrs. Frizzle.

So Bean and I went to the chiropractor before my prenatal, we have been both appointments every two weeks now.  After I got adjusted last time Bean when head down and stayed that way.  Yesterday he decided to "pop" back into to transverse position making me super uncomfortable.  In my expert opinion he is way to big to be laying across my belly.  I plan on going to the chiropractor up until I delivery.  We will have Bean adjusted once he comes as well.

My prenatal went well.  I had my gestational diabetes test. I find out the results of that and some other blood work today.  They ended up taking 4 whole vials of my precious blood, I was surprised at how dizzy I felt afterward.  I gained 2 more pounds making the weight nazi's happy.  My blood pressure still very low and in the "green" zone.  I was measuring small at this appointment because Bean was laying sideways.  Everything is going great so I get to start exercising again.  That seriously made my day.  I have to start off slow but at least and I will no longer be attached at the hip.

His butt is above my tattoo making the belly look pointy
We only have 3 more 2 week appointments and then we go every week!!!!! Eeekkk I'm getting nervous.
Its starting to round out a bit


My view from above. The boobs block the belly 



On to Mrs Frizzle. For those of you who don't know who Mrs Frizzle is I will include a picture.  This pediatrician looked just like her but not as pretty.  

Background- I only went to her because I heard through recommendations she was pro breastfeeding and delayed vaccines schedules, mostly "crunchy" from what I heard.  And I liked the location (not too far) and she had a name I could easily pronounce. 

My first impression walking in was "this place is an F'ing pigsty".  It was soooooo dirty. I wanted to leave before I met her. The office had two waiting rooms one for "sick" and one for "well" ( I did like the separation but germs can travel). 

The exam room was no better, still dirty with gross toys and such that even the best kid would gravitate too.  I wanted to purell every part of skin that touched something.  The exam room hadn't even been cleaned before I got placed in there.  Granted I wasn't going to be sitting on the table but clean up your shit when trying to make an impression.  

Then enters Mrs Frizzle and everything goes on a downhill slope.  She looks at my paper and asks me all the questions I just answered.  Perhaps I should have saved the ink in my pen.  She then proceeded to tell me I have tons of time to find a doctor for Bean and good for me for trying to be organized.  She asked if I was having a boy or girl. (if she would have read the paper) Alas I told her a boy.  She asked about circumcision (also checked on the paper as a no). I explained we are choosing not to have a cosmetic procedure done on our perfect son.  

The demeaning attitude began there.  She proceeded to tell me that I clearly had not done enough research and that I couldn't just bring him in to have it done whenever.  Furthermore telling me that it has to be done before he leaves the hospital and so on.  I firmly told her no again and said that it was not up for discussion.  

Next I asked her if she accepted patients that were birthed at birth centers or home.  Her response was " I do, but it's not safe, you should go to a hospital".  Awesome insult number two in under a minute.  She goes on to tell me what hospital she does rotations at and that she really hopes to see me at a hospital instead. 

Next I ask her about vaccines. She hands me a book and says "read this, it explains it all". Umm ok thanks? So I tried a different approach asking her if she would consider a delayed vaccine schedule.  She response was we are really strict and you have to sign a wavier and blah blah blah. Her idea of delayed is one shot every two days until the series is finished ( no thanks, your bat crazy).  

Her policy on well visits is every month until 4 months. One at 6 months, 9 months, and 12 months. And then 4 times a year until they are 2 or 3 and finally 3 times a year until 21 years of age.  OMG I might as well start paying rent and move in.  That is insane!!!!!!!

We finally agreed on breast is best. Whew one thing! Too bad that the rest of her policies suck and she talked to me like I was 12 and had no business having a baby.  And lastly the part that got me was how to care for the umbilical cord.  Her recommendation was too pull on it and wipe with rubbing alcohol at every diaper change to get it to fall off sooner.  Case in point this bitch is never touching me son EVER!

To top it off I had an overly large woman tell me there was no way I could be pregnant because I was far to skinny.  Her unsolicited advise was to go home and start eating right away.  

The hunt continues to fine a doctor.  There has to be someone out there who is at least semi decent. 

Mrs Frizzle! 



No comments:

Post a Comment