Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Saturday

Waking up past 6 on a saturday is unheard of. With the help of a pitch black room, and no cat we slept until 9am.  It was magic, I could have slept all day. But alas we had too much to do.

I had been giving B a rash of shit since he hurt his back. Mostly how it wasn't fair that I was at his beck and call and I do so much for him blah blah blah. So before we started our morning he mapped out an IHop for breakfast.  Something so small can put a pregnant lady in heaven and forget that I was feeling slighted.  I had been wanting IHop for weeks, I could literally taste everything I wanted to order.  The shitty part is I had that glucose test, making my choices more difficult.

I seriously almost ordered chicken and waffles.  Omg, chicken tenders are a huge weakness and pairing them with hot fluffy waffles, it's almost too much. I did choose healthy egg whites, turkey bacon, 1 waffle and sugar free syrup.  No giant mocha coffee thing, no strawberries on my waffles, no side of fruit :( but it was still delicious. I need an IHop next door.

Next we drove to the Bass Pro Shop.  I'm such a dude when it comes to this store. I love it, wandering around looking at everything and seeing all the cool shit that I can't use is awesome.  This trip was different though, it had purpose, meaning and anticipation.  Everything we needed to finish Bean's room was waiting on the inside.  We took a minor detour to look at guns and gun safes.  B and I both agreed on one but the sales person couldn't open it for us to look inside.  By the way, those safes are huge and defeat the purpose of quick access to a weapon if an intruder came.

We started shopping for Bean, this was so much fun.  A true bonding experience for B and I.  B was just as involved in the planning and decorations as I was.  We got all the valences for the windows, two mounting heads, two pictures, curtains, a fishing night light, and a fish sculpture.  I would post pictures of all Bean's loot but the camera and my mac are in a disagreement. I hung the valances yesterday and they really tie the room together.  The best part was B's eagerness to buy anything and everything that Bean could possibly need.

A few weeks ago we got a dinning room table, chairs and a server.  The weekend before last we got some wall art, a mirror and table accessories. Since the table came home B has been bitching about needing a light above the table asap. ( not on my priority list, we never have guests ect).  Anywho B and I do not decorate the same and could not agree on any lights.  Last week I spent countless hours of my couch arrest searching for lights that were affordable, long lasting, with multiple pieces ( entry light and chandelier needed down the road).  I can across a set I really liked, had a mix of our tastes and didn't require a car loan to purchase.  Conveniently the store happened to be 4 miles from bass pro so we went there and bought said light.  all is right in the world now, the nursery is done, the table has a light and B isn't complaining.  P.s. I saved us over a hundred on the light because I love coupons!

After an adventurous morning full of production we went back to youtube hell for some much needed R&R.  Since becoming knocked up I have gained a few pounds and not in my belly, its in all the places that make a bikini look awful.  As ridiculous as it sounds I was going to wear that damn bikini to sunbathe whether I looked stupid or not.  My rather large ass did not fit in the bottoms, cover the stretch marks, or hide the growing amount of cellulite.  The top was a joke, but I made it.  I didn't get sunburnt and kept Bean and I well hydrated.  B took to drinking while we were catching some rays, heat + alcohol= drunk.

We made reservations at the hotel restaurant called "the Outback" and waited in the adjoining bar until we were called.  B and the bar tender were hitting it off, lucky for B the drinks were getting stronger.  Another bar guest had begun taking to us about the youtubers and how he had to bring his two daughters yada yada (super drunk and annoying).  We went to dinner and it was not the outback at all, it was some over priced hotel joint. B (very drunk at this time) and I decided to leave and go back to the bar for hot wings.

After our delicious fried dinner we wandered around downtown disney with all the foreigners and children.  We went into more shops but mostly people watched. I got more ice cream and B had more drinks. The entertainment was B, when drinking he turns into a parrot.  He kept repeating the same shit over and over and kept saying he was never going to see these people again.  We went to the lego store to purchase a birthday gift, stupid idea too many kids and rude people.  Finally I had enough and it was time to retire for the evening (it was only 8pm).

On the way out there is this oyster hut thing.  Where you pay an obscene amount for an oyster and then open it to see how many pearls you get.  (mother you know where this is going) As a kid I always wanted to do it, mostly because my parents always said no.  B agreed that we could give it a try and informed me about being a pearl expert (seriously he has done everything in his 30 years of life).  This woman comes over and tells us all about how it works, I'm not listening I just want to pick my shell and move on.  I open the bucket of oysters and B is hollering at me in his drunk state bigger isn't always better, bigger isn't always better, over and over.  They all look the same so I just picked one.  Pearl lady says tap it 3 times and shout aloha (I'm not really a draw attention to myself gal so I didn't say shit). We open the oyster and I got a gold pearl, apparently the third rarest.  It was pretty and decent size, pearl lady measures it and says its worth $80-110 by itself. I say cool bag it up lets go. Insert parrot 'I'm really happy with your pearl" "good job, that's a great pearl" over and over like I had been practicing for this moment.  Pearl lady talks us into getting it mounted on a silver setting.  The whole time B is still rambling about how much he loves this pearl.  Technically my birthstone is a pearl and whatnot so I justify the purchase as an early birthday gift.  In his drunken state B slurs " will you marry me" as she is putting the ring on my finger. I say no, you just want my pearl..... Walking back to the hotel I continue to hear about how great said pearl is and don't touch it for 24 hours.

Thankfully B putts himself to bed and the parrot is shut down for the night. I lay there bored as could be 9pm and in for the night.

I did forget to mention in this super uber long post that between dinner and going to disney we went back up to our room and the keys didn't work.  B was carrying on about how he had to pee so bad and couldn't wait and bam the keys don't work.  It was hilarious to watch.  We went back down the elevator as he continued to say he was going to go pee in the pool since those assholes locked us out.  Luckily I found a bathroom in the lobby.

No comments:

Post a Comment