Friday, March 2, 2012

Stretch-marks or Sheet-marks

Lets face it, I'm getting big. Way big for my small 5'2 frame.  Luckily I'm braced with larger thighs and large arms to balance out the bigness. Over the last few weeks it has been increasingly difficult to roll over in bed.  This heave, lift, flop maneuver is anything but subtle at night. So I don't move until the alarm goes off between 5-6.

I wake up with these sheet-lines so deep they could be confused with canyons. None the less I check every morning just incase they have turned to the actually stay red and purple tiger lines aka stretch-marks.

Waiting to move until the morning has also created some unique inconveniences. I have been waiting to get up to pee so my belly is twice as big as before and twice as uncomfortable. In addition to the extra weight I usually fall asleep half on my side, half on my back so my legs are asleep.  It is very tricky getting off a too tall bed with a too full bladder and two sleepy legs. So far I have managed without peeing on me or the bed.

I sleep best once B leaves and I have the whole bed to stretch out on. I still sleep on my belly when I have room, its 10x better than sleeping on my side. The melons on my chest make it hard to breathe and even harder when they are forced to squish together from side sleeping.

26 week update and picture will come later, clothes shopping is depressing and long when pregnant, who knows how long I will be gone

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I feel your pain. Rolling over is getting hard but if I don't change sides numerous times during the night I wake up with a really, really stiff and sore hip! Good luck with the shopping!

    ReplyDelete