Monday, March 19, 2012

Men and Pregnancy

Men could never have babies.  For many reasons of course but in my opinion they just couldn't handle it.  As many of you know I'm supposed to be on strict bedrest. From a doctors standpoint that means getting up to pee only.  Than would make perfect sense and be awesome except I live with a man.

Because I do my best to always put B's needs first I have turned him into an incapable helper at home.  It is solely my fault that he doesn't know where the glasses, silverware, or fridge contents are located. I serve hot dinner when he comes home already pre-plated with a cold drink so the thought of him cooking is impossible. He claims to have forgotten how to load the dishwasher so that too has become my forte'.

With that amount of background you can see my actual bedrest has been self modified to still cook, do the dishes and wait on my man. The ironic part in this story is that B chose to put himself on bedrest after hurting his back yesterday.

Said backache was so bad yet he refused to do anything for it, resulting in him going straight to bed.  Which left me to tend to all the evening chores, feeding the cat, letting the dog out turning lights off ect while he is in bed whining about his back hurting.

His bedrest got him out of chores, got him a back rub, icey hot patches and sympathy. My week of bedrest has resulted in still manning the ship. Women have the joy of being pregnant because we can "handle" it all. All of the pains and discomforts of pregnancy are mostly forgotten because we still have a million things to get done or someone else to take care of.  

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about the bed arrest! I sympathise completely! Take it easy though! You have a genuine reason not to wait on B hand and foot!

    Hope everything settles down and the rest of your pregnancy is complication free!

    ReplyDelete