Monday, March 5, 2012

Thoughts on Having a Boy

I have begged and pleaded to have a son since I found out I was pregnant. When we found out Bean was a boy I was so relieved and happy that there would be no bows and glitter afterall.  I got what I asked for but that doesn't mean I'm not scared shitless about raising a son.

I see the thomas trains and bob the builder trucks but I have no idea what sounds I'm supposed to make when he asks me to play.

I can't tell him how to pee, I just wasn't made that with those parts.

I want him to be a strong "boy" not some weepy momma's boy kid.

The thought of him growing up and liking a girl is terrifying, good thing I have time to cope.

I will have to think of outside energy burning activities since he wont be content to play with dolls or color.

Its my job to teach him to be nice and respectful to girls when I can't even do that as a grown up.

As much I wanted a boy, I know nothing about how to "grow" one up. I have 13.5 weeks to figure out a game plan. Time to make some lists and do some shadowing of other boy moms. Do boys even sit still long enough to do quiet  activities? How am I supposed to get anything else done in the day if I'm outside burning energy till dark?  The "boy section" of toys r us gives me anxiety just looking at all the action figures and g.i joes.  I'm going to have to learn about xmen, cars and power rangers.  Lord help me if pokemon is still around, I might just start digging my own grave.

Bean and I at 26 weeks. 

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if I shared this with you but I love it!:
    http://studerteam.blogspot.com/2011/11/25-rules-for-mothers-of-sons.html

    And I plan to learn about whatever my son wants to do. If it's hockey, I'll learn all about hockey! If it's power rangers I'll learn about that. Having a boy is also an excuse to exercise! I can't wait to play football outside with him. I'm sure to stay in shape!

    BTW I see Coon wanted to get into the picture :)

    ReplyDelete