Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Day 53 and counting

First off I should apologize for my lack in posting, second- todays post will be less positive and more or a bitch session.  When getting pregnant everyone is so excited, happy and tells you all the great wonderful things that happen.  Where is the devil to sit on my shoulder and tell me reality? Yes I am still over the moon excited and could not be happier to have this baby, but the acne, morning sickness, and fatigue can leave at any time.  Lets address these issues in more detail......

Acne, WTH? I didn't even have acne as a teen.  I have always had good skin, oily and sensitive but good.  I get pregnant and whammo- red blotchy bumps all over (not even the freckles can hide these babies).  With sensitive skin comes a routine that can not be disrupted, my previous system is no match for my current face.  Straight crap if you ask me, I am now washing this face three times daily, applying same acne medication and night cream to fight the bumps.  Apparently my efforts are not making a difference, B reminds me daily, thanks dear.  Maybe the acne will go away in the blessed 4-7 month window that everyone raves about.  

Morning sickness or in my case all day sickness.  Technically I still have not actually thrown anything up, that might actually cause some relief.  There are many tricks that I have read about or been told, saltines, sprite, ginger ale, small frequent meals.  Let me just give two cents, when feeling like s*** the last thing I want to do is make small meals all day, soda is not my friend (causes  even more bloating and gas), and saltines taste like cardboard.  I suppose I could be more diligent in trying to relive this constant nausea expect one more thing is lacking..... ENERGY!

Fatigue- getting eight hours of sleep a night is simply not enough.  I feel like a cat some days, I sleep get a drink, eat, sleep repeat equally 16hrs of sleeping give or take.  I feel like I run a marathon just from walking to the kitchen.  Increased blood volume= increased dizziness and shortness of breath.  I wake up and muscles I didn't know I had are sore.  Today my abs or lack there of feel like I participated in a sit up competition over night.  In an ideal world I would have energy to continue walking and staying active, but this is reality........

Food- When nothing sounds good and I have not nourished myself or baby I should be allowed to eat whatever I can stomach.  I try my hardest to eat fruits and veggies, whole grains, limited sugar ect.  Sometimes I just need to cheat and have grease without being reprimanded for it.  My logic may be irrational due to raging hormones but at then end of the day bad food is better than no food.  If I didn't have to eat to sustain life I would opt out until week 14.  There are too many restrictions, do's don'ts  and judgements for what I put in my mouth.  

Fluids- Water, water and more water.  My midwife advised that I increase my 3liters of water to a gallon.  She has to know that I live in the bathroom with the amount of trips that are taken daily so why not add a few more.  In addition to water I now drink organic pregnancy tea.  This stuff tastes like hot pickle juice, awful.  To indulge my rebellious side I brew my tea in a malibu bucket, it tastes better that way.  The gallon of water couple with 64oz of tea = permanently fixed to the "Lou".  

On a positive note I am excited to see our Bean in a week.  We actually have baby stuff in the house now.  The baby room is somewhat ready for a make over.  Bean got his/her first present last week from Grammie, adorable halloween socks.  Aunt Jim and Uncle Judy supplied a beautiful bassinet, swing and jumper-roo thingy.  Daddy and I are eagerly planning christmas presents for everyone.  Daddy has become increasingly excited since I caved and agreed to find out the gender.  Its time to start planning a special way to tell everyone.  Until next time, adios 

No comments:

Post a Comment