Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Gender Bender

Since agreeing to find out the sex of the baby it has driven me insane, more so than I already am.  More than anything B and I want a healthy baby no matter what.  With that being said, we really would be blessed with a boy. Six weeks just seems too long to wait to find out for sure. So.......... I have been doing all kinds of crazy old wives tales, quizzes off the internet, baking soda test ect.  Half say boy half say girl.  Good to know since it was already 50% chance either way.

My fear is that it will be a girl and I will feel disappointment, since we have looked forward to a boy. I don't mean to sound ungrateful, I would just rather have a boy.  Girls seem like such a difficult task, to raise a feminist that is independent or to have a girly princess? Neither really fit with me :(  The next problem i have is names, for those of you who think its too early just zip your lips! We have picked a boy name that I love, we refer to my belly by only that name.  I have always had a favorite girl name but sadly does not flow with Morris.  Maybe thats part of the reason I am put off by having a girl, because dear Etta will never be an Etta.  If it is a girl I hope that a name we both agree on falls into our laps because I'm tired of searching.  I want a name I love and am proud of, not just a name I like.

Baby needs a name and a gender asap! Not just for mommy's sanity but also to give the bean and identity.  I firmly believe the bonding process starts in the womb, the sooner the better.  Anyone that has name suggestions please send them my way.  If its a name that still allows me to call her Etta as a nick-mane, you will win hands down!

No comments:

Post a Comment