Sunday, November 6, 2011

8 Weeks and 1 day

Friday I succumbed to my growing belly and purchased maternity pants.  Not only was this emotional in itself the clerk had to mention that I was showing quite a bit.  Thanks b****, like I don't know my pants don't fit.  Any-who, I sacrificed my mental state for comfort.  The items were on sale, free gift baggie and the store was empty so I guess it worked out.  My second appointment is in just four short days!


Last night while at a bbq with friends I got asked the usual questions: how am I feeling?, am I puking?, and then one I wasn't prepared for was who my doctor is.  I replied confidently that I had a wonderful midwife and did not need a doctor.  That caused quite the stir, I was not anticipating such negativity.  It is my choice after all.  Are all women this ignorant? Woman have been having babies for millions of years!!!!!! While those of you that may disagree with my decision it is not your place to give input, quietly refrain or stop asking questions.  At the end of the conversation I knew that in my heart I believed and trusted in the natural birthing process.  While I may have been offended at there comments, I never wavered in my decision.  I continued to throw fact after fact about why my choice worked for me.  


On the topic of natural birth B and I spent friday night watching the documentary of "The business of being born" a great example of how birth should be.  It also gave B and insight on why I want a home birth as well as the less is more approach.  Amazon has gotten my allowance this week, as I eagerly await a butt-load of books!

The holiday season is getting closer and closer, my list of things to do keeps growing.  I am impatiently waiting until next month to start working on christmas gifts for close friends and family.  I have cards to get, pictures to take and gifts to make( literally).


 Belly is growing soooooo fast


Very round belly from the front

No comments:

Post a Comment