Monday, December 12, 2011

Wishbone

Since B is not into holidays I figured its time to start practicing before Bean comes.  For Thanksgiving, I wanted to break the wishbone.  Our first attempt ended in failure.  Instead of breaking it just sprung back into place.  I should have taken that as a sign..... A week later after the bone had throughly dried out we tried again.
 
We both grabbed our ends, I explained the rules: both people make a wish, the longer side wins.  Ready, set, go... B wins.
I asked him if he had a good wish, his reply " actually I didn't wish at all".

Of course he didn't wish, why would he? I failed to mention to him that I didn't wish either.  The fact that I didn't wish is irrelevant since I didn't win. My attempts of bringing holiday tradition to our family continue to fall through.

Rewind to Easter, I did not get an Easter basket even though I begged and pleaded.
Halloween, we did not dress up, decorate, or hand out candy.
Christmas, no presents, a naked tree, no lights or decorations and the thought of Santa coming is pure insanity.

I have a lot of work ahead of me before Bean gets here.  I am determined to give Bean the best holiday experiences ever.  Move over Mister Scrooge, its time to get in the holiday spirit!

No comments:

Post a Comment