Thursday, December 8, 2011

12 day countdown

Yesterday when confirming my prenatal appointment I asked my midwife if we could peek at Bean again and make a guess at gender.  She said no, I was crushed.  I even pulled the christmas card out saying it was so important that we know now.  She did not give in to my begging and pleading.  So it stays that we won't find out until the 20th as planned.

Last night I had a dream that Bean was a boy.  Yes I have had dreams that Bean was a girl but this one was different.  I was realizing that all the diapers we have are boy colors, we mainly refer to Bean as a he and are planning the nursery in a boy theme.  Bean, if you are a girl I do apologize for not having a girly pink princess attitude, its just not in me.

It still bothers me that we don't have girl name picked out.  I am running out of time to prepare for a girl.  I'm not a dress and tea party type of mom.  I would rather be in the dirt than play barbies, so how am I going to avoid the pink and the tutus?

Nothing exciting is happening in the life of growing Bean.  Good things are coming, after 12 days.... Off topic, we have no tree, no lights and not one christmas decoration in the house, welcome to living with a Scrooge :(

No comments:

Post a Comment