Monday, December 5, 2011

Advise.... Unsolicited that is

And the advise begins...... Since when do people just say whats on their minds? Has the ability to think with out speaking been forgotten? Or just ignored?  Perhaps both.  When I am in need of advise, I can assure everyone I will ask for it.  Until then, please keep the advise at bay.  

Another thing, it is 2011 almost 2012 people can have babies with out being married.  Unfortunately things fall into a different order than they used to.  It is not uncommon to see parents in committed relationships without being "legally married".  It is rather rude to continue to stare at my left hand while probing for information on my pregnancy.  In todays world being married does not make a baby anymore planned for, loved, or accepted.  Another opportunity to think and not speak.

I am choosing to cloth diaper Bean.  We have chosen this because it works best for our family.  We are not any less of a parent for choosing this option.  For those who have been appalled by choice, perhaps research would benefit narrow minds.  Those skeptics might also be shocked to learn how cost effective, lack of chemicals, and leads to sooner potty training.  Had your mommas taught you to be polite you would not make caddy comments.

Home birth, it may not be for everyone but it is my choice.  I am not dirty, beneath anyone, or poor because I am choosing to have a drama free delivery.  I'm not asking said individuals to have home births themselves just to respect my choice, just as I respect your scheduled c-section or induction.  Just because hospital births are the 'norm" does not make them better.  When did it become common practice for birth to be a race, or a status symbol? I am not a factory, I will have Bean when he/she is ready and not a day sooner.  While I can appreciate everyones thoughts and opinions I will listen politely and carry on.

There are many more instances that have occurred and hundreds to come, by then I hope to think of some really awesome come backs.  I will listen to my instincts first and then consult others if I feel it necessary.

Updates:
No weight gain
Craving sweets like mad
Feeling better
Belly is growing
Bean is the size of a large peach
B rubs and talks to Bean everyday
Nursery furniture is in Bean's room
We will know Bean's sex in 15 days!

1 comment:

  1. What is it with the judgement hey?! Everyone else thinks they know best!
    We have only told 3 people about our monster and already eyebrows have been raised at my decision to birth as intervention free as possible in a birthing centre. The fact that the centre is attached to one of the 3 most prominent maternal and neonatal hospitals in Australia doesn't seem to matter. The fact that I'm a registered nurse, capable of making informed decisions doesn't matter either. Becausei'm choosing not to have an epidural, lie on a bed, and pay an obstetrician a stupid amount of money to suck my baby out with a vacuum, clearly I'm in the wrong!

    Good luck with your home birth! I hope it is as special and complication free as you wish it to be!

    ReplyDelete