Monday, October 24, 2011

Monday Already

Yes, its that day again, MONDAY.  On Friday I recall thinking its Friday already? Where did the week go?  With the weeks going by so quickly I got slightly emotional over how much has changed in the last year.  These next 33 weeks are going to go by just as quickly.

Time is time, its not money and it is certainly not something that anyone can get back. I could reflect on all of the time that is gone, ie- its been x amount of days since this happened, or I can't believe it s been seven years since a loved one passed, but I would be loosing present time.  While this may seem like random tid bits there is a strong point at the end for those that can bear with me.

When B and I made the decision to become "breeders", I wasn't expecting to emotionally turn into one.  I just thought that we would continue being us, just with a baby.  WRONG, a big fat wrong.  Here is my own insert foot in mouth.  I can't believe how clueless I was to how much a baby changes things (beyond the obvious).
DISCLAIMER!
Before everyone gets all huffy, yes we know that by bringing a baby into this world we have a huge responsibility.  We are going to be parents for goodness sake!  I'm just choosing to document some of the emotional changes that go with the physical ones.

Now that that has been said I can go back to my point.  I have realized that time is everything.  Once baby Bean is here we only have one shot to do our best to raise him/her .  Sometimes it seems like time is just slipping away too quickly, I want to be able to pause and enjoy all that is to come.  I find myself constantly checking how I live and how it directly involves Baby Bean.  I am now the example setter, the rule enforcer, the boo-boo fixer but most of all I am the MOM.  This is a huge, giant, monumental life change that I am so excited to begin, while in the mean time it scares the S*** out of me.

Parents always say "Once you have children of your own you will get it" isn't that the truth.... This father's day I thought that a gift of thankfulness and appreciation was worth more than 3.99 on a hallmark card.  I thought I was thankful then, I am more thankful now that I have the learned the tools to be a great teacher and competent parent.  I was so thankful to learn an older lifestyle.  One where kids worked, picked weeds, cleaned on sundays, and had respect for there parents ( not that I always showed good judgment on my part but I sure a heck learned it).  Kids these days are lazy, they have no work ethic and expect everything to be handed to them.  I only want the best for my child and want him/her to experience even more than I had, to succeed farther and to complete his/her goals.    With that being said I want to be the Parent, not the friend.  I wouldn't have half the skills or knowledge I do today if I had had friends and not parents.  For that I am thankful.  Everyday I learn to appreciate more and more the sacrifices and the lessons I learned as a child.  

With 33 weeks and some days to go, June will be here before I know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment