Monday, May 21, 2012

Sleep Training

This last week I have been infant sleep training myself.  Everyone needs sleep, at 9 months pregnant I feel I need more sleep and somehow I manage to get NONE.

Sleep is off galavanting with my skinny feet and ankles while I'm left swollen and sleepless.

Right about now I regret having a "tall" bed.  For more than one reason it is on my shit list.
For starters its too tall, I'm too short.
I'm pregnant, there is no longer space for me to lift my legs onto the bed.
Getting off the bed is just as dangerous.
The acrobatics needed to get on and off the bed cause contractions, super annoying when I have to pee.

This is how my nightly routine starts.
10pm -get in bed play on phone or read until I have to pee
Get out of bed, pee, try to get back in bed, contractions
What feels like and hour later I'm finally comfortable.. but... I have to pee again
Start process all over 3-5 times per night and then bam its 5:30 time to make coffee and get B off to work.
6am-7am get comfortable again and sleep until 8:30- 9am if no one calls, texts, Facebooks me.

Total time slept 3ish hours all interrupted.  Sometimes I can nap during the day adding another hour or so of sleep. Making a grand total up to 5hours if all goes right.

Apparently my body has some sick way of preparing me ahead of time for sleeplessness.  So far it sucks!

Only 10 days to make Bean a June Baby!



No comments:

Post a Comment