Friday, May 11, 2012

Pedi Interview #2

Tuesday I spent a ridiculously long 45 minutes meeting a pedi and his "main" nurse.  The practice happens to be holistic and only accepts out of pocket pay.
This is both good and bad.
From the holistic point of view they are not bat crazy about rules of vaccines, antibiotics and other common pedi policies.
The down side to being more open to my views on pediatrics comes with a hefty price, about $6 a minute to see this guy.

Things were going better than the visit with Mrs. Frizzle UNTIL............
Until it came to discussing eye ointment and Vitamin K (drops vs shot).
I can see where my juvenile appearance may give a false sense of stupidity, however I can assure that I will not be trying out for the next season of 16 and pregnant.
As shocking as it may seem this baby was actually planned and more shocking I know who the "daddy" is.

So besides that small incident things went better than I expected.  After waiting a few minutes, about $30 worth of time I got to meet Dr. David.  Because his entrance was so bold, I have included a small clip of him.

So after comprehending everything that was discussed, the condition of the office, staff ect, I am still undecided.  I don't love them, but they are certainly better than Mrs. Frizzle.  I will keep looking until I find the "Dr. Kody" of Florida.  


No comments:

Post a Comment