Friday, May 18, 2012

Jessica Simpson

We had one of those in class last night.  I really hope she knows the baby comes out her who-ha and not her butt.  This question was actually asked.  For her sake please hold any additional judgement that I have not already subjected her to.

dumb woman " so do I just not feed my baby until my milk comes in?" 


Instructor " babies start eating within an hour of being born.  Your body makes colostrum to nourish baby until milk comes in" 


I seriously feel bad for this child.  The sad thing is this woman is not 12 though she acted like it the entire time.  I grilled B on the way home making sure I didn't ever appear that dumb despite the fact that I'm "young".

Overall class was 2 1/2 hours of personal stories and one ten minute video of wasted time.  What took an entire evening could have been summed up in two or three sentences.


The key to a successful latch is keeping babies head and spine aligned.  Contrary to "holding" baby in a specific position.  Baby is properly latched when the majority of the areola and nipple are in babies mouth. Breasts are self cleaning, no need to "wash" after every feed. It will be uncomfortable days 2-6 when encouragement and nipple cracking occur. 


That took two minutes to type, maybe I should email the instructor about time management, lists and being an efficient speaker.  Class would go much much faster and the same paragraph of information would be delivered.


Yesterday I went eviction crazy. Poor Bean got bounced around on the birth ball all morning, I ate, napped and bounced until a tool box was delivered.
This is for size comparison 

So this sized box got dropped off. Said box was a trade in. Said box was from a dirty body shop. Said box is HUGE.  So to satisfy the urge to nest I started cleaning it.  The box is now shiny red and could actually house tools.  B just about shit his pants when he opened the garage and then gave me a stern warning to stop "going crazy".  

Bouncing and tool box scrubbing = contractions ( very strong painful ones)

In all the what to expect books, no one has mentioned cleaning tool boxes or putting tools away to start labor. If successful I want to be added to the book!


No comments:

Post a Comment