Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Conclusion

5 weeks of birth class came to an end last night.  Even though we didn't overly participate in class it is sad to see it end.  B and I had a lot of fun "bonding"during these last few weeks of hushed sarcasm.

Last nights class was about transfers and emergency situations.  Basically making ANOTHER plan of what to do "just in case".

We got instructions for postpartum care.  Basically week 1 I'm supposed to stay in bed, eat. sleep and feed Bean, THATS IT!  Week two I can start "light" activities.  That first week should be interesting, I'm certain we need that week on audio as well.

Our guest speakers brought their brand new baby (literally less than a month old) to help answer any questions or fears we might have.  That baby was so damn small, cute and scary at the same time.  In just a few weeks, B and I will have one of those (even smaller) to care for.


I have been on operation baby clothes. I have done 5 loads of just baby laundry.  This kid seriously never has to wear the same outfit twice.  Thanks to cousin Mary, Bealls and Babies R-Us Bean now has socks, bibs, jammies, and day clothes.  Since he now has more clothes than I can stuff into his closet the spare room and become baby clothes folding/snapping central.  Even B came in to help clear out the massive-ness.

Our bag is still unpacked, the swing is still unassembled and in the box, the carseat has yet to make it in the car and I'm freaking out.  B on the other hand is so chill and unconcerned that this baby could come at any time .  It drives me crazy how relaxed he can be in such a time of uncertainty.

Updates on Bean tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment