Friday, July 27, 2012

OCD Mothering

Being an over the top OCD anal retentive person does not work in Mommyville.

Try as I might, poop, puke and pee still get everywhere.  I have wasted so much time trying to "safeguard" everything from being "ruined".

I admit I have covered the bassinet, rock and play sleeper, and swing in multiple layers of blankets so the "pretty fabric" stays "clean".  This child can not be set on anything that cant wipe off, or has a towel covering it.... Ridiculous I know.

Despite being a mom I can't let go of this insane behavior.

I don't even dress him because his outfits could get stained, or they could get one of the 3 P's on them.  Last night we went through 3 pairs of jammies from puke alone. Makes for a very frustrated mommy.

Dressing myself has been equally frustrating. I have resorted to the same 3 shirts and a single pair of shorts that I have deemed worthy of ruining. I used to have 4 slip dresses I wore until the F*ing dryer ate them.  That resulted in a major meltdown.  Yes over dresses. Hopefully in 5 years I will laugh at my ridiculous, until then I'm still mourning the loss of old cotton fabric.

Bottle feeding- I thought this was going to be great until I realized I still had to get my boobs out to pump.  I thought for sure I would spare all the mess and "grossness" that comes along with nursing.
I was SOOOOO wrong.  Lucas still gets covered in milk and I still have to burp him.  I need a burp poncho, no matter how hard I try curdled milk still gets everywhere, especially in the boob cavern.

Lucas is lucky he has baby skin, or we would spend our days in the shower trying to remain clean.

5 weeks tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment