Monday, June 13, 2016

Year 4

A letter to my son:

Its summer time now, that means you have another birthday.  This year its all about pirates and sharks.  You're dead set on having a pirate party in full costume wear.  As I did the yearly cleaning of clothes and toys that no longer fit, it hit me harder than last year.  I want to write down all the things I love about this "year" so that one day you can look back and treasure them with your own children.

This year we have done so many firsts together.  We took our first trip to CA.  Watching you meet family for the first time healed my heart in ways I never expected.  Your ease meeting new people amazes me.  In your little body you find a way to be so strong, so gentle and so patient.  You amaze me.  I'll never understand the magnitude of your greatness and all you bring to me. 


Your little voice and the lisps you make when saying "shishing" instead of fishing.  Being crabby after long naps and just wanting mama cuddles.  Its never wanting to let go of these moments and urging you to grow and blossom on your own. 


You still tell me you're not a baby anymore.  Your so big and "grown up" at times I forget you're just 3 going on 4.  I watch you sleep and think back to your crib days and for a fleeting second I can still smell your new baby skin.


A bond between a mother and son is something I used to see from a distance.  My son,  the bond we have created has pushed me to places I've only dreamed about.  It is such an honor to be your mother. 

Today its your toothy smile and baby faced grin.  While your free spirit, your willingness to grow, and heart of gold will carry you far.  Never forget to believe in you, you are all you need to succeed. 

~ Love Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment